Thursday, April 13, 2017

"Someone at this number requested . . . "

Have you received a phone call that starts out, "Someone at this number requested (fill in the blank)"?
Now, of course, it is not a live person, but a recording. This morning I got one informing me that someone at my number requested information about a brace for back pain. Not true. Did not happen. It got me thinking about my visit to see my doctor in December, having an MRI before Christmas, and subsequent visits to a local chiropractor. These visits should be covered by HPPA laws, right? All of these visits were covered by insurance, so I think my insurance company is selling my data! I am not pleased, but also not surprised. Or, maybe it was data mining from my own computer searches when I was googling sciatica.
My train of thought is never far from yarn, so I thought about making my own recording that would start "Someone at this number requested information about yarn." It could be a breakthrough for Weedy Creek Yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment