Sunday, July 24, 2016

Prayer Shawl

Have you ever made and given away a prayer shawl? Here are some lovely words you could enclose with your gift. I do not know the author, so if you do, please let me know to whom credit should be given.

In my hand
The knitting needles
Called the energy
Down from the heavens
Wound it 'round the yarn
In intricate pattern
Lacing it through the weave
Turning it into healing.
Straw into gold
Wool into light
Emanating
From every loop
Filled with my prayers
Whispered from my heart

Please receive this shawl.
Curl it around you
Close it over you
Like child's play
And enter into
The warm, dark, quiet
Stillness.
There you can rest
Wait for healing
Make friends with time.

Let your body
Breathe in
The secrets of the shawl.
Feel the light
Reach into your bones
Mending knitting,
Weaving them together
In a new way.
Birthing a new body
Creating a new future.

No comments:

Post a Comment